Monday, October 5, 2009

Hiking and Dogs

Since I can't comfortably run anymore, going hiking is second best, and I really get to spend more time looking around rather than the trail right in front of my feet. My friend Shana (who is now 26.5 weeks pregnant) and I have gotten out two days in a row. Yesterday we did 3 or 3.5 miles near my house and today we went 2.7 closer to where I work. The dogs got to come both times, Flame loved it, and Kira begrudgingly followed along. The hike today was right after Flame's vet appointment to get his stitches out. We don't know what he did, but two weeks ago he came inside with a huge gash on his back leg, the vet says it looks like he snagged it on something. About 10 stitches and a couple of weeks in a head cone so he wouldn't lick it later he is all healed.

Robert spent the past weekend in Dallas at his cousin's wedding. It was a quick trip, but I think he enjoyed seeing his extended family, and he said that the bride looked great!

I'm afraid that I may be getting a cold :( I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat this morning, it hasn't gotten better, and now I think my voice is starting to sound funny. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment