Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back to work


Now that David is 12 weeks old my maternity leave is up. I started back to work on Monday, I'm just working the afternoons, 12-6 and Robert is working 7-4:30 except Wed when he gets off at 11. Robert's mom is watching David while we are both at work. So far everything has been going smoothly.
David and I have been taking a baby sign language class. The class is fun, we learn signs and sing songs. The teacher tells us that if you are consistent babies can learn to recognize signs at 3 months, but they probably won't start signing back until 6 months. Right now I'm mostly just using the "milk" and "play" signs.

David has become a lot more interested in toys this last week, the spinning ones on his bouncy chair are his favorite:
Here is David watching his mom and dad eat dinner (he got toys after the picture was taken):
I tend to get excited about different items, for a while it was finding the perfect cloth diapers, now it is baby carriers. I have been using the Moby, a stretchy wrap, since week 1. I've tried pouch sling, and can use them for a bit, but they don't feel as secure. So I've started trying others.
Here is David in a Gypsy Mama gauze wrap:
Robert with David in a Beco Butterfly II:I have another wrap on the way, I'll post pictures one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment